Banner: 468 x 60 pixels 85 80 70 60 50
Banner: 200 x 100 pixels 55 50 45 40 35
MHHA Website Advertising & Sponsorship Policies
The purpose of this document is to explain the advertising and sponsorship policies that apply to the Michigan Harness Horsemen’s Association (MHHA) website (http://www.mhha-online.com) .
Advertising placed on the MHHA website must be ethical, professional and, in the sole opinion of the MHHA, related to the care and maintenance of standardbred horses or the sport of harness racing. MHHA reserves the right to reject any advertisement it deems unacceptable. MHHA reserves the right to remove any advertisement placed on its website at any time.
Acceptance of any advertisement does not indicate an endorsement by MHHA of the products or services promoted, the company, or the claims made. Advertisements on the MHHA website may not use the MHHA name, logo, or imply MHHA endorsement or involvement in the company or product being advertised.
1. The MHHA accepts advertising for selected landing pages linked to the MHHA homepage (http://www.mhha-online.com).
2. All advertisements, on any landing page, are located to the right of the page content (button banner) or at the top of the webpage, above the page content (horizontal banner).
3. The following advertisement sizes are acceptable:
A. Horizontal banner: 468 x 60 pixels (maximum file size 30kb)
4. Advertisements in any other pixel sizes must be approved in advance and may incur additional placement charges. Acceptable formats include .gif, animated .gif, .jpg, and Flash.
5. Any advertisement that allows the site visitor to click through to the advertiser's website may link to the company's homepage or directly to the page advertising the same product described in the advertisement. The advertiser must provide to the MHHA the web address (URL) for linking. MHHA may choose to reject an advertisement if the destination page is deemed unacceptable.
6. Advertisers on the MHHA website are responsible for the production of their advertisements. The MHHA will provide advertisers with production support for their advertisements for an additional fee.
7. Advertisements placed on any MHHA webpage may use a limited amount of animation or movement. MHHA does not accept advertisements that 'pop-up' on the screen or are activated by a 'roll-over' of the computer mouse.
8. Advertisements that track, record, or in any way follow the online activity of site visitors will not be accepted.
9. The cost of advertising on the MHHA website is based, in part, on the duration and frequency of the advertiser’s campaign. If an advertiser receives a discounted rate based on a particular duration or frequency, but fails to continue its advertising campaign as agreed, they will be charged for the difference between the regular rate and the discounted rate.
10. Frequency discounts will apply only after a signed contract for the desired advertising duration is received. Frequency discounts are not retroactive to previous advertising periods.
11. Cancellation or change requests must be made in writing (e-mail or fax requests are acceptable).
12. The MHHA shall not be liable for any costs or damages related to any errors or omissions that may occur including, but not limited to, delays in production or publication.
13. New advertisers must establish a credit account with the MHHA or send first payment by publication date. Prior advertisers will receive an invoice after the ad is first published.
14. The MHHA will not accept advertisements that, in the sole opinion of the MHHA, make unsubstantiated claims of benefit for a particular product. The MHHA may require an advertiser to provide valid, reliable scientific data to support any claims made in the advertisement.
15. The MHHA will not accept advertisements regarding pharmaceuticals, biomaterials, or medical devices not cleared for marketing by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in the United States.
16. The MHHA will not accept advertisements that, in the sole opinion of the MHHA, could be considered offensive to any organization, business, or government agency.
17. Advertisers agree to indemnify and hold the MHHA, its employees, contractors, and agents, harmless against any and all damages, claims, judgments, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorneys' fees) that may be incurred, suffered, or sustained or imposed on the MHHA, its employees, contractors, and agents, by reason of the sponsorship or advertisement.
18. Inquiries related to the purchase of website advertising should be directed to:
Banner: 200 x 100 pixels 55 50 45 40 35
© 1998 -